ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] [GSoC] Clio - Questions

Ηλίας Σταμάτης wrote [edited]:
> I am preparing my application for GSoC. I'm interested in the Clio project.
[...]
> 1. Will we need authentication for the system? Will we support user
> registration etc? I guess not, but I am asking here just in case.

yes, if the system does not use LDAP,
it should have its own (complete) user management:
creating users, allowing them to login, change their passwords,
assigning access control persmissios to them, etc.

> 2. You are asking for integration with LDAP. Can you please explain this in
> a more detailed way. I don't have experience with LDAP and I don't
> understand what is asked here.

LDAP is the standard way of using an external service
to provide authentication and authorization.
All the information that was mentioned before
can be expected to reside in an (external) LDAP server;
in such a setup CLIO would simply ask the LDAP server
to verify passowrds for login, or to check for access permissions.
There are standard libraries/modules for doing this
in almost all development environments.

> 3. How do you image the UI / home page? I will tell you how I imagine it
> and I would like some feedback.
> I have something like that in mind: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/
> When a user enters the homepage he will be able to see a list of components
> along with their data. He will be able to sort by OBL, IBL, whatever by
> clicking on the corresponding column. A search bar will be provided above
> that will let the users query the database. Finally, by clicking in any
> component he will be able to see more details about this specific
> component.

Sure, that's acceptable and reasonable (with a better CSS
than the page you provided, since this one is barely readable).
The page for each component would also have a similar table
of the simpler components included in that one.

> Is this on the right direction? Any thoughts? Anything to add?

Minor detaiis like selecting the "page size" (instead of the predefined 100
that the example you provided seems to use), or putting an index number
as a first column can be discussed at a later stage.

You would need more screens for editing a component
(the table of contents of simpler components).
Things like auto-completion etc. will come handy.

But it's in general a right direction.

--
-- zvr --
    | H eytyxia den exei enoxes |       zvr [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων