ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] GSOC-FilesDB-Informations

Thank you for your reply,

First of all, '|' syntax separates arguments from the command but of course
input will be like: command (space) arguments or something different. I use
'|' only for demonstration purposes but i will change it.
What is more, i have made a simple code for our project. (
https://github.com/PetropoulakisPanagiotis/filesdb/tree/master/test-src). I
would like to know your suggestions and your opinion about what i can do
more before propoals(concering previous code) .

Note: the code is very very simple. I want to demostrate my skills about
this project.

Thank you,
Panagiotis Petropoulakis

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Alexios Zavras <zvr+eellak [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr> wrote:

> Please use the list for all communication,
> since it might be useful to others as well.
>
> Panagiotis Petropoulakis wrote [edited]:
> > Thank you for your reply.  I would like to know how I can increase the
> > chances to get selected for this project. Also, I need some guidance for
> > the proposals. I have made this on github:
> > https://github.com/PetropoulakisPanagiotis/filesdb/tree/master/Ideas .
> Can
> > you tell me what i can do before proposals ? One idea is to build a
> simple
> > project that creates a data base(with python) and reads files and its
> > meta-data and store them in the data base. In this way i think i wll
> > demostrate that i am able to finish this project. I have a lot of ideas
> > about this project and if we select python as languahe i have previous
> > experience with jupyter notebooks. I believe we can visualize our code
> and
> > newcomers can understand our code better.
>
> the whole filesdb is a simple (but useful) programming project;
> you can definitely implement it yourself with a little work
> before the project even starts -- but this is not the goal.
>
> the best way to increase your chances is to think of the problem
> and design a solution that would solve it -- and then describe it
> in your proposal.
>
> for example, looking at your ideas, I see no use for some of them
> (delete a file? why?), and a strange calling syntax with '|'
> symbols separating arguments -- why?
> you dont use something like: ls -l\|file
> to list a file, do you?
>

> --
> -- zvr --
>     | H eytyxia den exei enoxes |       zvr [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr

Απαλλαγμένο
από ιούς. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>