ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Regarding [Government Gazette] (text mining, cross linking, and codification)

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] Regarding [Government Gazette] (text mining, cross linking, and codification)
  • From: Christos Karageorgiou Kaneen <ckarageorgkaneen [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 23:52:01 +0200
Hello open-source Developers,

I hope you are all well.

I am Chris Karageorgiou Kaneen, an ECE undergraduate at the Technical
University of Crete interested in contributing to the aforementioned
project as part of GSOC 2018.

My experience with Python is of intermediate level, with a good grasp of
the Natural Language Toolkit (NTLK) module, as well as basic knowledge of
SQL and PostgreSQL.

I am driven in aiding to minimize unnecessarily tedious bureaucratic
procedures by implementing optimal text processing techniques for tasks
mainly regarding "hyperlinking" referenced documents and persons of the
official government issues.

Part of my rough draft includes an extension of the main goal (as mentioned
@ https://github.com/arisp8/gazette-analysis).

Is it possible to discuss any such ideas before my proposal or better just
include them in it?

After having read the source code and having sketched an outline, I am very
eager to hear about the specifics from the main contributors / mentors, as
well as suggestions for extra tools or requirements as guidance for me to
start getting more detailed for my upcoming proposal and potential work.

I will be looking forward to your response.

With respect,

Chris Karageorgiou Kaneen
https://gr.linkedin.com/in/ckarageorgkaneen
https://github.com/ckarageorgkaneen