ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Government Gazette text mining, cross linking, and codification Project- GSoC 2018 Project Proposal

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] Government Gazette text mining, cross linking, and codification Project- GSoC 2018 Project Proposal
  • From: Marios Papachristou <papachristoumarios [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:50:50 +0200
Hello everyone,

My name is Marios Papachristou and I am currently an undergraduate student
at Electrical and Computer Engineering School at National Technical
University of Athens.

Through extensive searching for interesting projects for the summer I
realized that Google Summer of Code and especially GFOSS. In particular the
project that really caught my interest was *Government Gazette text mining,
cross linking, and codification Project*.

The reason for this was that this project, if successfully completed, would
save a great amount of time for jurists when seeking for information in
legal texts as well, as it will automate the codification process of laws
by articles extracted from Government Gazette's Issues. I went through
reading Government Gazette Issues and understand the structure of articles
and amendments that these issues include. I have then come in contact with
lawyers that have done law codification (by hand) before and explained me
the potential ways of reorganizing legal data into codified laws.

Finally, I have read the manual on forming proposals for GSoC and have
drafted my proposal and uploaded  to the GSoC platform so that any mentor
or person in the organization who's interested in it can read it and
provide me with useful feedback. Concise and strict feedback will
undoubtedly contribute in fne-tuning the project proposal as well as
providing the community with useful insights and ideas.

Kind regards,
Marios Papachristou

--
Undergraduate Student | School of Electrical and Computer Engineering |
National Technical University of Athens