ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Google Summer of Code 2021: PackageInfo WebApp [Harsh Mishra]

Hello Sir,

Thanks for having me here!

I am really obliged to have your reply and support from your side and I
hope to capitalize on this opportunity. I completely agree with your point
on being fair with all the participants, so I would be using this thread
for all communication and discussions.

However, I would like to know if I can share *proprietary* and *intellectual
information *like *Rough Proposals, UI/UX Wireframes *and *Architectural
Diagrams *through Google Drive, with the access shared only to you. The
primary reason why I am requesting this, is because some of these would
form part of my *Strategic Analysis *and *Information Architecture*, which
should be as unique as possible. Please let me know if this can be worked
out this way, provided all our discussions and brainstorming would be
available in public. I would be highly obliged if you can grant me this
request.

Coming to the proposal part, I have started working on the *Index Page
UI/UX Design *and the *Server-Side Architecture flow. *It is my first time
doing both, on a professional scale so I would appreciate any feedback on
both of them, once they are ready to share. Some of the important
inspirations were taken from popular package managers like *PyPi, NPM *and
*Crate.io*, and I am combining their design philosophies to come up to a
basic workflow.

By the next week, I would be able to present you the *User Stories, UI/UX
Wireframes *and *Server Architecture *on my own bidding. All of these would
form a part of my Strategic Analysis and Information Architecture work
prior to my proposal. For this point, I have a few questions, which I hope
you can address that would make things easier for me to understand:

   1. Since we have decided to use ReactJS, will we be using the
standard *create-react-app
   *or using a proprietary React-based framework like NextJS ?

   2. Shall I study about the various CSS Frameworks that we can use with
   the same? I have particular hands-on experience with Material UI and React
   Bootstrap but would like to know if we have a strong preference for
   something else.

   3. Who are the users for this project? This question is the most
   essential for my understanding because we cannot jump into the UI without
   understanding what the users/clients need. I would be obliged if we can
   define the user base of this project and how exactly would someone be using
   it.

   4. Do we need an Admin Panel for this Web Application? An Admin Panel
   would be something that would allow us to manage our database altogether
   and present the necessary information to the user. My understanding
   requires that we need an admin panel to overall regulate the platform,
   where everything on the user side is read-only.

   5. Would we be scrapping packages from Github, Gitlab or similar Git
   providers? I overall want to understand how we will collect the data for
   all of these packages. It can be either done manually through the admin
   panel or we can build an automation workflow that would update the database
   as new packages are discovered. I would like to have more clarity on this.

   6. My last question: Are we flexible with our Database? I have a
   personal preference for NoSQL Databases for our scalability needs so can we
   use a NoSQL Database like MongoDB for our case. Or otherwise if we are
   sticking to MySQL, can we use Amazon RDS for our deployment needs.

I would love to gain a perspective on my understanding so far and would
like to know more about my questions. I would be looking forward towards a
positive response from the Mentors.

Yours Sincerely,
Harsh Bardhan Mishra