ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Iason Manoloudis - Workflow and Parallelization patterns for Node-RED

  • Subject: Re: Iason Manoloudis - Workflow and Parallelization patterns for Node-RED
  • From: Georgios Kousiouris <gkousiou [ at ] hua [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:24:32 +0200
Dear Jason,

Thank you for your email and interest in our project. As mentioned in our
direct email, we include here some further details that can aid applicants
in writing the proposal application. The project revolves around the idea
of using Node-RED as an orchestrator for FaaS functions. For a first look
and feel of the scope you can visit this technical report:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2202.09683.pdf

Initial flows that have been created on this scope and can be used as
examples can be found here:
https://flows.nodered.org/flow/7a5acfc999b1ad47bb32b5d37419c777/in/G33TNU6z-Qia

Points for contribution around the proposal include:
- Adaptation of a coordinating logic on the node-red environment by
creating a relevant flow that implements it. This flow may regulate how
Openwhisk functions are invoked, results gathered and forwarded to new
functions etc. Coordinating logic can be inspired by:

   - workflow constructs or primitives (e.g.
   https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Basic-workflow-constructs_fig1_226149698
   )
   - parallel or distributed computing primitives (e.g. MPI-related
   patterns for distributing work
   http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~cheung/Courses/355/Syllabus/92-MPI/group-comm.html
   )
   - Cloud design patterns rationale (
   https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/patterns/), for
   which a relevant flow can be implemented to support them

-Packaging of that flow as a subflow and adding parameters of operation and
configuration (from the UI or through the incoming message fields)

Don't worry about lack of knowledge in Openwhisk. Openwhisk and the
specifics of FaaS  affect somehow the way the flow needs to be designed and
executed, however we can guide you through these peculiarities.

BR,
George Kousiouris
Assistant Professor
Department of Informatics and Telematics
School of Digital Technology
Tel: +30 210 9549409
Email: gkousiou [ at ] hua [ dot ] gr <gkousiou [ at ] mail [ dot ] ntua [ dot ] gr>

Harokopio University of Athens
9 Omirou Str, 177 78, Tavros, Athens, Greece

Απαλλαγμένο
από ιούς. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>