From: Nikolaos (Nikos) Cheimarios <nixeimar [ at ] chemeng [ dot ] ntua [ dot ] gr>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 8:38 PM
To: Ujjwal Shekhar <ujjwal [ dot ] shekhar [ at ] research [ dot ] iiit [ dot ] ac [ dot ] in>; gsoc-developers [ at ] ellak [ dot ] gr <gsoc-developers [ at ] ellak [ dot ] gr>
Subject: Re: GSoC Project - Interest in "Creating new lattices for Apothesis" idea

Τhank you very much Ujjwal.

You have done an excellent work.

I kindly ask you to perform some experiments with Apothesis.

The input file contains the system to simulate.

CO + * -> CO*: constant 0.4 #0.389

This is the yCO.

O2 + 2* -> 2O*: constant 0.15 all #0.611

This is the yO.

I kindly ask you to make a parametric study, i.e. change the value of

 yCO  from 0.1 to 0.9  and yO = (1-yCO)/4

and measure the growth rate and the coverage.

Set time to 1000 (e.g. time: 1000).

So at the end you can report a table:

time step | yCO | yO | growth rate | coverage CO | coverage O |

The time step in the table is where the run will stop. Once you execute apothesis you will understand what I am talking about.

Best regards,

Nikos

Στις 22/3/2023 12:55 μ.μ., ο/η Ujjwal Shekhar έγραψε:
Greetings,

I hope you're doing well. I have successfully compiled Apothesis on my local machine and have attached the commands I used for future reference.

Furthermore, I have been actively working on expanding my understanding of Monte Carlo methods and basic Markov Chains beyond the scope of my coursework. Yesterday, I studied these concepts from various online resources and specifically explored how to model Graphene lattice using KMC. Although the resource used MATLAB, I am confident that I can easily replicate the concepts in C++. I have included my notes and relevant links for you to look over.

Moving forward, I would appreciate your guidance on what steps to take next. Should I begin working on my proposal? If so, what components should I include, and do you think I should update you at certain intervals? I welcome any feedback or criticism that you may have.

Thank you for your valuable time and consideration.

Best regards,
Ujjwal Shekhar

P.S.: The commands used for compiling Apothesis on Ubuntu 20.02

```bash (In the Apothesis directory)
sudo apt install qtchooser
sudo apt-get install qt5-default
qmake