ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] [GSoC] Clio - Questions

> [please use the list for transparency]
Sorry, I didn't do it on purpose. I just thought that replying directly to
this mail will post it in the list as well.

> no, it's not administrators only.
> think of it as:
> - few ("admins" as you call them) (let's say 10), can modify the catalog
>   of simple components (adding zlib, openssl, etc.)
> - some ("owners" if you will) (let's say 1000), can create complex
>   components and have permissions to modify their own components
> - all ("viewers"?) (let's say 100.000) can view the information.
>   for them, even login may not be required.

So to recap and see if I get it right:
- Everybody can sign up.
- If you have an account but not any permissions you can actually do
nothing.
- Admins will manage contents through the admin panel. (I'm planning to use
django that comes with a complete admin panel by default)
- Owners will manage content through the normal web page (no access to the
admin panel for them).

Follow-up questions:

- An owner owns what?
- How somebody get to be an owner?
- Who gives permissions and on which case?

--

*Ilias Stamatis*
*BEng Computer Science*