ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Re: <GSoC 2018> Proposal: Rewrite of Epoptes

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] Re: <GSoC 2018> Proposal: Rewrite of Epoptes
  • From: Fotis Tsamis <ftsamis [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 10:59:23 +0200
Hello,

I would suggest to start by installing Epoptes in a virtual
environment with at least one client (standalone or LTSP). Get
familiar with its features and try to tackle one issue from the issues
page on GitHub [1]. Issues which may be more relevant for GSoC have
the tag "gsoc". But feel free to select one without this tag, as long
as it is code-related.

A proposal with Qt instead of GTK+ will be surely valid and be
considered with equal chances to a GTK+ one. But we would have to make
sure that the user interface will remain very close to what the users
are used to.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions related to the code structure here.

[1] https://github.com/Epoptes/epoptes/issues