ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Development of a Thesis Management System (TMS)

  • Subject: Re: Development of a Thesis Management System (TMS)
  • From: Iraklis Varlamis <varlamis [ at ] hua [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 19:24:31 +0200
Dear Michail,
The case with Thesis Management is exactly as you describe it. The aim is
to develop a TMS that will facilitate both students and professors to
assign topics and monitor progress.
Your proposal can either build on an existing open source project or
develop something from scratch.
Kind regards
Iraklis
--
Iraklis Varlamis
Asst. Professor

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 3:07 PM Mixalis Xatzis <mixalisx97 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> Hello gsoc-developers,
>
>    My name is Michail Chatzianastasis and I am currently an undergraduate
> student at Electrical and Computer Engineering School in  National
> Technical University of Athens. While I was searching for interesting
> projects for the summer I came across a Google Summer of Code and
> especially GFOSS. Specifically the project that really caught my interest
> was “Development of a Thesis Management System(TMS)”. The reason for this
> was that this project, if successfully completed, would organize the whole
> Thesis construction and benefit the students as well as the professors.
>
>    I went through reading about Thesis deployment in Undergraduate Program
> of Studies of Electrical and Computer Engineering in National Technical
> University of Athens to understand the structure of a Thesis. I have then
> come in contact with many students that are currently constructing their
> thesis explained me the whole process and the problems that have faced,
> e.g. they had to ask every professor separately to learn his available
> thesis or in best case to visit professor’s website if he has uploaded
> there.
>
>    In Thesis Management System, before someone choose his thesis, he will
> be able to see all the available topics based on subject, scientific lab,
> professor and making easier and more effective the choice of a thesis.
> Moreover, the supervisor professor will be easily see the students that
> have applied in his projects, contact them easily and  see drafts of their
> work in project.
>
>    Finally, before I draft my proposal and uploaded to the GSoc platform,
> I want to ask you if the project in the related github repository you have
> provided, will be used as reference for the development of TMS and
> implement a new TMs or you want to improve and add extra features in it?
>
>    Thanks in advance, Michail Chatzianastasis.
>
> ----
> Λαμβάνετε αυτό το μήνυμα απο την λίστα: Λίστα αλληλογραφίας και συζητήσεων
> που απευθύνεται σε φοιτητές developers \& mentors έργων του Google Summer
> of Code - A discussion list for student developers and mentors of Google
> Summer of Code projects.,
> https://lists.ellak.gr/gsoc-developers/listinfo.html
>
> Μπορείτε να απεγγραφείτε από τη λίστα στέλνοντας κενό μήνυμα ηλ.
> ταχυδρομείου στη διεύθυνση <gsoc-developers+unsubscribe [ at ] ellak [ dot ] gr>.

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων