ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Development of a Tool for Extracting Quantitative Text Profiles

Hello everyone!

 My name is Panagiotis Papantonakis and I am a 4th year Electrical and
Computer Engineering student in the National Technical University of
Athens. I am very interested in participating in Google Summer of Code 2019
and more specifically in engaging with the "Development of a Tool for
Extracting Quantitative Text Profiles" project, which really intrigued me.
 During the last semester I have attended an NLP course on my school and
therefore I am familiar with many NLP techniques and I have worked on some
projects, including text classification, spelling correction and word
prediction. The field of NLP quickly caught my attention, so I would be
extremely fascinated by actively contributing to it, through this project.
 Regarding the project, I am currently reading the documentations of the
given tools and constructing a draft proposal. I am thinking of using Java
Swing for the GUI development, since I have experience on it, but I would
really appreciate any other suggestions on which GUI tool and language I
should use, considering that the project demands integration of many
languages.

In the next few days I will upload my draft proposal and I will be looking
forward to knowing your feedback. Any further information and guidance
about the project is highly welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Papantonakis Panagiotis