ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: GSOC 2021 Discussion

Hi Pratik, thanks for your interest!

You pose interesting questions, that do not have a definite answer (yet),
as deciding on them will be part of the project.

The second one is a little easier to handle:
the data will be stored in our "own" database.
In order to populate the database, of course,
we should be querying outside sources and
processing them appropriately.

On the first question, about the details of what information
will be stored, the answer is more open.
It will be about software packages, as defined by Linux distributions,
so we can start from this:
- there will be name and version of the package
- size is a nice and easy attribute to have
- dependencies between packages is useful,
   but I personally fear it will be too complicated
   to handle, so we might omit it.
- license information is also interesting
- a pointer to the actual source code of the package
   would also be very helpful.

So, let's start with a set of information like these
(omitting the dependencies for the first version)
and we'll all see how it shapes up.

Thanks for the interesting questions!

--
-- zvr -