ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Interested in Enhancement of SmAuto DSL and integration into HomeAssistant Project

  • Subject: Re: Interested in Enhancement of SmAuto DSL and integration into HomeAssistant Project
  • From: Manos Tsardoulias <etsardou [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:45:35 +0200
Dear Chai,

Thank you for your interest! Let's go directly to the questions:

   - Regarding the current status of the project: Right now, the SmAuto DSL
   is in a stable version and you can write models, validate them and generate
   Python code, which can be executed. I believe you know the HomeAssistant
   project already, since it is one of the most well known open source
   projects for smart environments. The task is to merge these two by writing
   a HomeAssistant module.
   - "*Regarding the addition of virtual entities, should I implement the
   communication protocol through commlib, or is it already integrated,
   requiring only connection with the .smauto model?*" Right now we have
   only hardware sensors and effectors in the SmAuto definitions. We desire to
   allow for "virtual sensors" as well (i.e. a REST call via which we retrieve
   data, or an RPC call), so no, these virtual entities do not currently
   exist.
   - Concerning auxiliary concepts, right now the base modules of SmAuto
   are Entities and Automations. We want to enhance this by adding some more
   complex (and better) control on when and how the automations are
   starting/stopping, and that's why we need explicit conditions, delays etc.
   - For generalizing the DSL's concepts we need to change the metamodel,
   its validation mechanism and the code generation, so no, this is not about
   formatting or functions. If you want to get a better grasp over this
   subject you can search about Model Driven Engineering.
   - Concerning writing a HA module, please check here:
   https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/add-ons/tutorial/

Best,
Manos

--