ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] Interested in the GSoC project: Files DB

> no, the tags are passed as arguments in the scan command.

Okay :)

> Thank you for the detailed explaination, something like this would
> > appropriate?
> > hashlib.sha1('blob ' + str(len(file_content)) + '\0' +
> > file_content).hexdigest()
>
> it seems ok, but of course you need to test it.
> but also think about how to handle large files:
> you probably shouldn't read the complete contents
> in memory at once.

I think it would be better to read a large file as small chunks and update
the hash each time to prevent memory issues.

> > I have more experience with Python than C, so would it be okay to use
> > Python for this project?
>
> sure, Python (3, obviously) would be acceptable.

Yup, Python 3 for sure.

I am almost done writing the propsal. Can you review my proposal when its
done, it would be nice to get your suggestions.