ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] Proposals - filesDb

Good evening,

Thank you for your reply, i will consider your notes.

I have already finished my proposal but i have some questions. First of all
in implementation section i will note that some basic commands should be
implemented for filesdb application. What do you want to consider about a
specific command ? For example, should i write how the command would be
implemented in Python(i think that it is not necessary) or should i write
the purpose of the command, the given arguments and how it can be
implemented. Can you give some guidance ?

Another thing is that the database should be updated somehow. I have some
ideas, for instance: a user can make some scans and then the database will
be valid for x time. But there isn't a guaranty that the database will be
updated if the user makes some changes before the x time. I think that with
this solution the database answers queries really fast. On the other hand
the database will check for every query if the existing data are valid.
There are many algorithms about this task:
 If the current query involves files that have changed in y time and the
database has been updated in x time there are the following cases:
y < x: File is valid
y > y: File may have changed. For that scenario the databases will
update(or not) the involving files and the the output will be valid.
I believe that the latter solution will be ideal for our application.
Well,  these are my thoughts about updates.

Also, with my proposal i want to deliver a CV. Where should i uploaded it ?

Thank you again for your time,
Panagiotis Petropoulakis