ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] Proposals - filesDb

Panagiotis Petropoulakis wrote [edited]:
> I have already finished my proposal but i have some questions.

please submit is as draft in the online GSoC system
so that we can provide specific feedback as comments;
that's what I have been doing with the ones
that have already appeared.

> First of all
> in implementation section i will note that some basic commands should be
> implemented for filesdb application. What do you want to consider about a
> specific command ? For example, should i write how the command would be
> implemented in Python(i think that it is not necessary) or should i write
> the purpose of the command, the given arguments and how it can be
> implemented. Can you give some guidance ?

please do not repeat information that is already found
in the project descriprion -- I have seen proposals
that copy and expand the definition of the problem.
this is not helpful; we understand what the problem is,
no need to have it described once again.

feel free to present any information about your proposed solution.
as I have written before, the more concrete the information,
the better: "I'll be using modern programming techniques"
does not say much; "I will be using library X because..."
is much better.

> Another thing is that the database should be updated somehow.

no, the data is never "updated".
the database could be used to store the results of another scan,
but the data represents a set of information that was valid
when the scan was made and is never updated.

> Also, with my proposal i want to deliver a CV. Where should i uploaded it ?

as the GSoC docs specify, you can have a section in your proposal
that presente info about yourself.

--
-- zvr --